The Cardiac Catheterization Lab team consists of a group of professional critical care specialists including licensed registered nurses, respiratory therapists and registered cardiovascular technicians.
This team of specialists provides critical care services to adults.
Care for the cath lab patient is under the direction of a licensed cardiologist. The patient is referred to the cath lab only by their internist or cardiologist.
Cath Lab Services
- Coronary Angiography
- Right and Left Heart Catheterization
- Peripheral Vascular Angiography Studies
- Myocardial Biopsy
- Pacemaker insertion, permanent and temporary
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies
- Pacing studies, overdrive pacing, cardioversions
- Trans Esophageal Echocardiograms
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- IntraAortic Balloon placement
- Percutaneous Transluminal Peripheral Vascular Angioplasty
- Intracoronary stent placement
- Intracoronary Rotational Atherectomy
- IntraVascular ultrasound
- Intracoronary Thrombectomy
The Cardiac Cath Lab program adheres to guidelines set forth by the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology. Data from the cardiac cath lab is reported to and benchmarked against the American College of Cardiology Cath PCI and ICD