- Some newborn babies will require care in a NICU. Giving birth to a sick or premature baby can be unexpected for any parent. The NICU can be overwhelming. This information is to help you understand why a baby may need to be in the NICU. You will also find out about some of the procedures that may be needed for the care of your baby.
- Some of the specially-trained healthcare providers who may care for Children include:
- Neonatal nurse practitioner
- Respiratory therapist
- Lactation consultants.
- Hospital chaplain
- The NICU equipped with Phototherapy, Double Layer phototherapy for the Treatment of Neonatal Jaundice.
- There are Eight Available Incubators in NICU and Two Incubators with Phototherapy are available.
- Treatments Modalities like Exchange Transfusion, Phototherapy, Preterm baby care, Low Birth Weight baby care and Blood Transfusion are available in NICU.
- Vaccination is available for the Neonates.